Friday, May 16, 2014

Mystery House at Lake Martin

This is a studio painting I've been working on of a house on the road that runs through the Lake Martin preserve (near Breaux Bridge, LA).  The Lake Martin Preserve is known for its beautiful cypress lake and has one of the largest concentrations of migratory birds in the world...and I am painting houses from there...lol

Anyway, I have always been intrigued about this house which is located not far from the boat launch in Lake Martin.  It's set back from the road, nestled in the woods, hiding there among the huge trees. At first glance, you might think it was some kind of abandoned tower. Someone recently told me it was haunted but I haven't been able to find anything written about it.  I once spotted a man at the top floor peering out.  I wonder if he was the ghost?  I thought it would be fun to put his essence in the painting.

Excuse the photograph, this photo does not do this painting justice, but...I'm a painter not a photographer.

This painting will be hanging for sale in a local restaurant in Lafayette but can also be purchased on my website for sale.


"The Mystery House at Lake Martin"
18 x 14 - oils on gallery wrapped linen
$200



Here is one of my pictures of the house.  There is a "No Trespassing" sign on the front gate and a red Keep Out sign behind.  Do you think someone doesn't want me in there?




Until next time...
Happy Painting!



1 comment:

  1. http://999ktdy.com/home-owner-responds-to-lake-martin-house-post/

    ReplyDelete