Friday, May 16, 2014

Grand Coteau

I headed out with Lucy to meet my friend, Kaye Landry, in Grand Coteau.  We met at the exit and decided upon the Jesuit Seminary Grounds.  There is an old barn with a herd of cows in the pasture.  I chose a spot to paint the a chunk of the barn.



Lucy and I have a painting routine we've established.  When we arrive on location, I set her up in her little dog yard with her blanket, food and water (she likes to dine out for breakfast).  While she eats breakfast I unload and setup to paint right next to her.  She usually lays down and chills out...not today.

Lucy was very excited today because she made a new friend.  I kid you not this cow stayed right there watching us for over 2 hours.

I was going to paint that barn back there and ditched the painting to watch that curious cow.  I was so distracted and could have just sat down and enjoyed the beautiful day watching that crazy cow. Instead I played decided to paint a small study of the cow and the barn.  I laugh every time I look at that little cow painting...I need practice.  I think he looks closer to a calf...lol


We had a great play day today..Miss Queen Lucy did too; finally settled down in her little yard...patiently waiting for her new friend to return.


Until next time....
Happy Painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment