Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Depot in Abbeville



Lucy and I headed out on Wednesday to meet artist friends(Denise Broussard, Kaye Landry, Justin Krielow and Sara Wood) in Abbeville to paint.  It was a little chilly but promises for warmer sunshine held true.

I setup in the square to paint "The Depot", a sweet little railroad museum and gift shop tucked into Abbeville's downtown area. I was very grateful to meet the man who made it all happen, Mr. Charlie Sonnier, owner of The Depot and several other well known establishments in the area.  The Depot was about to be torn down when Mr. Charlie rescued it and had it moved to its current location.

The Depot

I didn't take very many pictures today.  I guess I was busy having a good time and enjoying the beautiful day.


My painting thus far (incomplete)
Finished paintings available for purchase will be posted to my website

During the day, several people stopped by to say hello and let us know they were reading the blog and saw the newspaper article.  Councilman Brady Broussard, stopped by to say hello and offered some very interesting history facts of Abbeville and a tip on where I could find more.  I also visited with Liz who is with the Abbeville Garden Club.  They are maintaining the area around the square and a beautiful area it is.  I even had a visit from a sweet little girl, Sarah, who stopped by with her Daddy to say hi to Lucy and see what I was painting.

Lucy waiting and hoping for visitors

Abbeville is such an appealing town with wonderful architecture but its the friendly people who make it the great place that it is.  We really enjoyed visiting with you all...  Lucy and I love to visit!

Happy Painting!





1 comment:

  1. I am getting anxious to get back out there!! I painted a little 6x6 in my front yard yesterday.

    ReplyDelete