Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 30 - Grapefruit

Today is Day 30 in the 30 Day Challenge!  Last day of the Challenge...Wow!

I went to the fruit stand one day during the challenge with the intention to buy pretty fruit to paint.  When I got to the check out counter the girl who was checking me out said "Wow, you really have some colorful fruit there."  I had to laugh because I bought it specifically to paint, maybe to eat later.

This is a Louisiana grown grapefruit.  There was a basket of them at the front counter so I picked one with a leaf left on.

"Louisiana Grapefruit"
6 x 6 - oil on canvas panel



Artist Note:

The challenge is over but I have had a wonderful experience interacting with other artists and exploring and growing as the month went along.  I challenged myself this month to paint still life paintings from real life on 6 x 6 canvas.  Sometimes I think its more difficult to paint smaller.  But through the month, I got faster and gained more confidence as I went along, concentrated on shadows, color, brush strokes and value.

Thank you Leslie Saeta for initiating this challenge.

Now I am off to paint bigger...


No comments:

Post a Comment