Sunday, November 11, 2012

Workshop News

I want to appologize to my followers for having neglected my posting lately but here is what has been happening in my world.  I traveled to Mississippi in October for a 5 day plein air workshop, drove home right after the demo on the last day then attended a 1 day workshop the very next morning.  Needless to say I was pretty tired exhausted but I'm home and am attempting to get my act together.  The hardest part for me is taking a decent photograph that I can use to upload my work.  I took photographs of some of the pieces I have been working on and will be blogging and posting in the next few days.

The 5 day Stapleton Kearns plein air workshop bootcamp was a truly amazing experience.  The days were super long and exhausting but so enjoyable and filled with sooooo much information and knowledge.  Stape is a super talented professional landscape painter from New Hampshire.  If any of you have the opportunity to attend one of his workshops, don't miss it.  He is an awesome teacher!  Here he is doing his thing, teaching and painting in the town square...




Attending something like this, not only is a humbling experience but it also strengthens your artistic eye.  My days were filled with information and now I just need to practice what I've learned.

We went to a sweet little farm one of the days and after the mornings demo, we were given the task of painting something in black and white as a value study.  I setup and painted this little hay barn, but was unable to complete because the sun went away.  



No comments:

Post a Comment