Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Backyard View Value Study

This painting was done a couple of days before I attended the Mississippi workshop.  The view is from my back patio looking out into the field behind my house.  

The first photo was taken after the first sitting.  


When I returned from my workshop, I worked on the painting again concentrating on adding more value to the painting and trying to apply some of the techniques I learned.  The photo below is the result I ended up with.  I am happier with these results.



3 comments:

  1. I love the changes you made and am glad to see you are working on values. Now you just need to help me with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I have enjoyed yours too. Love this little study of your back yard!

    I lived in Shreveport for several years and still think of it as a sweet spot in my life. When I think of Louisiana, I think of creole food and music and I miss them both!

    ReplyDelete