Saturday, July 21, 2012

Workshop News!


I'm back from a wonderful workshop I attended in Paris, KY with an extremely talented and amazing artist/teacher, Dreama Tolle Perry!  Her workshops are booked up fast and I was so excited to be able to book into this workshop, which was very fun, informative and colorful to say the least.

Day 1


This is my completed painting...


This is a group shot of all paintings that day...









Day 2

This day was the hardest for me.  I struggled with this painting.  I felt it was really bad at the beginning but I think I pulled it through.  Let me say also I don't think it is complete but its complete enough for a workshop.  The point here is what did I learn...





















Day 3

This was a fun exercise!  We were given a photograph and we painted while the music was playing,  when the music stopped, we moved to another painting so each artist painted on several different paintings.


This is the one I started...



















Here is a group shot of all of the paintings done this way...











I met some very talented artists and was so excited to be able to collaborate, get fresh ideas, experiment with more color and learn new techniques.  The workshop for me was a huge success and most of all had I had a lot of  FUN!














1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you made it to this workshop. Your completed work is really lovely. I can hardly wait to see what translates to your future work.
    Miss you!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete